Last Updated: December 1, 2022
This Policy applies wherever it is posted. To the extent a PCN subsidiary or affiliate has different privacy practices, such entity shall have their own privacy statement posted as applicable.
If you are a California resident, click here for specific disclosures about how we collect, use, store and share your personal information.
What Type of Information Do We Collect About You?
Depending upon how you interact with our Sites and Services, the nature of your Communications, and the nature of our interaction with Third Parties, we may collect the following information from and about you:
- Direct identifiers, including but not limited to your unique online identifier, name, alias, social media handle, IP address, username and password, postal and/or e-mail address, account name and/or account number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and/or state identification number.
- Related identifiers, including but not limited to your date of birth, bank, credit, or debit card number, financial information, insurance policy number, and/or license plate information.
- Physical characteristics, including protected characteristics under federal and state law, such as age, sex, race, and ethnicity.
- Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing and consuming histories and tendencies.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, with our Websites, Applications, and communications, and including browser type and version, browser settings, operating systems and platform, device type, operating information, mobile carrier, and page response time and download errors.
- Geolocation data, such as your zip code and time zone.
- Audio, electronic, visual, and thermal information, including telephone recordings, electronic communication records, security camera footage from applicable PCN properties, and temperature reading.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your work history, salary history, and education history.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We collect your information in three ways:
Directly from you when you access or use our Applications, Websites, Products or Services, or when you communicate with us in any manner, including but not limited to:
- Information you provide by filling out forms in person or electronically through our Applications and/or Websites, including information provided at the time of registering for any Product, Service or event, posting material, or requesting further services or information;
- Information you provide when you access or use our Products or Services;
- Information you provide when you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion sponsored or offered by us;
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our Applications or Websites;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (e.g., email address) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Applications, Websites, and the fulfillment of your orders; and
- Your search queries on the Websites.
Automatically when you access or use our Applications, Websites, Products or Services, or when you communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Websites and Applications, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data;
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From third parties, including but not limited to:
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of receiving statistical data about your activity on our Websites and Applications;
- Social media networks for the purpose of collecting certain of your social media profile information and activity, including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform;
- Third Party Service Providers, including but not limited to internet service providers, fraud prevention services, and related partners; and
- Public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments, to facilitate your use of the Websites and Applications, and to provide you with our Products or Services.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information outlined in What Type of Information Do We Collect About You for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including but not limited to:
- Provide the Applications and Websites to you;
- Provide the Products you have requested;
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy;
- Handle a claim;
- Operate the Applications and Websites, including access management, payment processing, Application and/or Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes;
- Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements;
- Comply with relevant industry standards and our policies;
- Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of other users against unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud;
- Protect and enforce our collective rights arising under any agreements entered between PCN and you or any other third party;
- Create and manage your account;
- Protect the integrity and maintain security of our Applications, Websites, and Products;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business;
- Provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or affiliates, that may interest you;
- Deliver content tailored to your interests and the way you use the Applications and/or Websites;
- Present content in a manner that is optimized for your device;
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Applications, Websites, and Products we provide to you.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your personal information. We may, however, disclose or share information referenced in What Type of Information Do We Collect About You with others for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
- In a business transfer. We may disclose or share your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
- To non-affiliated third parties. We may disclose or share your information with certain third parties to facilitate your access and use of our Websites, Applications, and Products, including but not limited to internet service providers, advertising networks, data analytics providers, governmental entities, operating systems and platforms, social medial networks, and service providers who provide us a service (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on our Websites, Applications, or Products, and/or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity).
- To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose or share your information with our PCN subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Applications, Websites, and Products, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of PCN by identifying and repairing errors that impede intended functionality and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
- For legal process and protection. We may disclose or share your information to satisfy
any law, regulation, legal process, governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access,
use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Products;
- Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation - in court or elsewhere;
- Protect users of our Applications, Websites, and Products and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services; and
- Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government.